1. "The first arrow hitting the currency target: a long-run risk perspective" (with Kenji Wada), Journal of International Money and Finance , 2017, 74, 337-352.
2. "An equilibrium foundation of the Soros chart" (with Hiroshi Morita), Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 2015, 37, 21-42.
3. "Business cycle implications of internal consumption habit for new Keynesian models" (with Jim Nason), Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, 2014, 46, 519-544.
4. "Multilateral adjustment, regime switching and real exchange rate dynamics" (with Jeannine Bailliu, Ali Dib, and Larry Schembri), North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 2014, 27, 68-87.
5. "Exaggerated death of distance: revisiting distance effects on regional price dispersions" (with Kazuko Kano and Kazutaka Takechi), Journal of International Economics, 2013, 90, 403-413.
6. "Habit formation and the present-value model of the current account: yet another suspect", Journal of International Economics, 2009, 78, 72-85 (the working paper version here).
7. "Tests of the present-value model of the current account: a note" (with Hafedh Bouakez), Applied Economics Letters, 2009,16,1215-1219.
8. "A structural VAR approach to the intertemporal model of the current account", Journal of International Money and Finance, 2008, 27, 757-779.
9. "Terms of trade and current account fluctuations: the Harbergar-Laursen-Metzler effect revisited" (with Hafedh Bouakez), Journal of Macroeconomics, 2008, 30, 260-281.
10. "Learning-by-doing or habit formation?" (with Hafedh Bouakez), Review of Economic Dynamics, 2006, 9(3), 508-524.
11. "International price linkage within a region: the case of East Asia" (with Shin-ichi Fukuda), Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 1997, 11(4), 643-666.
Contribution to Edited Volume
1. "Terms of trade and current account fluctuations: evidence from Canada" (with Hafedh Bouakez), in Canada in the Global Economy: proceedings of the 13th annual economic conference of the Bank of Canada, 2005, the Bank of Canada.
Completed Working Papers
1. "Trend inflation and exchange rate dynamics: a New Keynesian approach," Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis (CAMA) Working Paper 74/2016, December 2016 .
2. "Exchange rates and fundamentals: a general equilibrium exploration," Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study Discussion Paper HIAS-E-19 (formerly circulated under the title "Exchange rates and fundamentals: closing a two-country model), March 2016 (requested to revise and resubmit to Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking ).
3. "The price of distance: pricing to market, producer heterogeneity, and geographic barriers" (with Kazuko Kano and Kazutaka Takechi), RIETI Discussion Paper Series 15-E-017, Research Institute of Economy, Trade, and Industry, February 2015.
4. "Appendix: business cycle implications of internal consumption habit for new Keynesian models" (with Jim Nason), Discussion Paper Series 2012-08, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, November 2012.
5. "The Euro and trade: is there a positive effect?" (with Tamara Gomes, Chris Graham, John Helliwell, John Murray, Larry Schembri), August 2006.
Work in Progress
1. "Searching for a common currency effect on price dispersion: 1972 Okinawa reversion,'' (with Kazuko Kano).
2. "Consumer inventory,'' (with Kazuko Kano).
3. "A Bayesian moment matching inference for DSGE models,'' (with Jim Nason).
4. "Revisiting major sources of business cycles in emerging economies,'' (with Martin Berka).
5. "Imperfect information, learning, and exchange rate dynamics" (with Hafedh Bouakez and Juanyi Xu).